Tegral market the Marley Eternit range of clay tiles and fittings. Marley Eternit is the UK's leading manufacturer of clay plain tiles and fittings. The extensive range of colours and products available offers the designer the flexibility to use this beautiful natural material to produce both traditional and modern roofs, bearing the stamp of quality and distinction.
Clay plain tiles have been used to cover roofs in Britain for over 700 years. They form much of the character of the roofs seen in the South East of England and the Midlands where the largest deposits of suitable clay are located. In Ireland, clay tile roofs can be seen in parts of Dublin city and county, the south-east and Northern Ireland in particular.
Clay tiles are popular as a roof covering because of their extreme versatility as almost any detail can be reliably formed by a skilled craftsman. Plain clay tiles can be cambered from head to tail to discharge water quickly from the surface. In addition, tiles can also be cambered from side to side and are then described as 'double camber' which add texture to a roof surface.
Clay plain tiles are sustainable building products and achieve 'A' ratings in the Green Guides to Specification.
Learn more about the Tegral Clay Tiles range
- Acme: Machine-made, single camber plain clay tiles creating clean, crisp lines
- Acme Double Camber: Machine made, double cambered to create highly textured roofscapes in a distinctive range of colours
- Hawkins: Machine-made, single camber clay tiles in a distinctive colour range
- Ashdowne: Hand-crafted, single camber clay tile range with a granular texture
- Decorative Ridges: Choose from Roll Top to Capped Angle or Cocks Comb Ridges